Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Stay-cation

We went to Turkey Run State Park this last weekend with my Mom and Mike. My mom had this week off, and we have been keeping her busy with her stay-cation. Turkey Run is a beautiful park full of hiking trails and canoeing. Unfortunately, I cannot get Sean into a canoe, so we did not do any site seeing on the creek. (We, Brian and the boys, went there two years ago and took a canoe trip and my child who fears nothing, just kept repeating "I want on land," for 13 miles.) He remembers this and did not to try it again. But we had a great time hiking, the park was very busy (I think everyone else was on there stay-cation) and we encountered alot of obstacles to overcome hiking, as you will see below.
Of course, we got wet. I have two boys.
We particularly like this trail b/c it has three ladders and 140 steps that you encounter while hiking and keeps the boys entertained. My mom was making me laugh b/c she was so scared to climb down these ladders. She got out of going down one ladder and thought that she wouldn't have to go down anymore, so when we came to the next two, I think she said "oh shit!" She just couldn't believe that they would have people go up and down these ladders. Sean and Lane, so nicely kept singing,"Moo Moo is a scardy cat."
As you can see, she made it down with no problems. And I think had a good time.

No comments: