Thursday, July 12, 2007

Brown County


My mom and I had a whole Saturday to ourselves. We got to talk
without interruptions and browsed Brown County shops leisurely.
We started out at her house helping Mike do a couple of projects
he needed an extra hand and then took the Miada with the top
down to BC. We had a good lunch at the Sandwich Shop decorated
all about IU and Bobby Knight memorabilia. We bought a few
things, but the thing I really want the most is this rocking chair
pictured below. What a fun chair and comfortable to sit in, one
day it will be in my house, hopefully when my basement gets done.
I spent the night with them on Saturday and left early Sunday
morning to have the house all to myself. It's weird to have a empty
house that is normally loud with sounds of children talking, cartoons
on tv, and some other banging going on, at times I didn't know what
to do because I wasn't taking care of someone else. I only had myself
and I frequently thought I was single once and could keep myself
occupied why can't I now, which might seem silly, I felt like something
was missing. I could go around and pick up with out any distractions,
but now my mind is so use to the distractions of getting pulled to
get a drink, or to watch a child do some stunt in his room, get a snack
turn the computer on, part of me actually missed the distractions
even though most of the time I think to myself if I could just have 5
minutes to do this I would feel like I accomplished a task for the day
and here I am a day to myself knowing I can do anything without the
distractions I don't know what to do with myself. I found it very
ironic.


My rocking chair.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Oh, sweetheart, you have GOT to schedule more time for yourself. (:

love, k

Unknown said...

thats cute! nice hat : D