Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thankful

While on the houseboat I heard and saw many things that I became very thankful for my parents. Some of the others had never been on a tube, are scared of the water, never been on a houseboat or been on many vacations. I was just in amazement at times that they had never experienced these things. I felt very privileged that my parents were eager to teach me about boats, let me tube as a young child, just let me see other states, lakes and what it is like to go on a vacation. Granted I have never really been a scared individual about trying something new, if it was there and I thought I could do it, I would definitely try it. I am glad that my parents instilled in me not to be scared to try new things and gave me the opportunity to see and experience some of the fun things in life. I think as myself being a parent, I want to give my children those same experiences and show them that they can do whatever they want and not to be scared to try something new. So thank you Mom and Dad for all of your support in letting me experience life.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Yeah, I benefited from the adventurousness of your parents as well. They are both really fun people. I've met some people too that never went on vacations when they were younger - it's so weird.

Carrie said...

Kudos Barb and Lee! They drug me along to Disneyland with you guys one year, and I loved it not to mention all the other parks, lakes and places in between. Your Dad was always throwing us on a tube. The whole time he was whipping us around a speed boat, I was thinking, "This isn't fun." But when we stopped, I always wanted to go again.